Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Something New - Loving Lula

Ive just got to the exciting point with my beautifully shabby dining room chairs, where it's almost time to bring in the fabric. To say that I spend most of my insomnia time browsing for beautiful fabrics is a slight understatement. I am by now an expert trawler of Etsy and Ebay on the hunt for "the one".


The gorgeous collection of Lula Fabrics from South Africa



Something to suite everyone's taste!

 Spending a few hours digging is as much enjoyable, but also frustrating at the same time. I now have literally thousands of images in my "fabric book" folder and I'm sure the weight of these alone are slowing down my computer!

There is a great gap in the market for truly beautiful, fresh and creative design.

Influences from various cultures as the design inspiration



I wanted something crisp and clean, with pattern, preferably white and blue, but it was hard to find!


LULA fabrics

I stumbled upon the most exquisite line of  fabrics and (strangely enough)  they are from my homeland, South Africa. It a nutshell they capture exactly the type of fabric and pattern that I fills the spirit.

One of my favourites from her new collection "The Silk Road"

The choice of colours and themes leave little to be added, but I'm sure the collection will keep on growing and producing vibrant and exciting design.

Classic beachy stripes in heavyweight fabrics


The head designer is Melissa Kerkhoff, an extremely talented and insightful artist and textile designer, whose small range has grown from strength to strength, and its only a matter of time before the label will become a household name.

In her own words,,

"Each of the Lula Collections captures this passion, and my desire for beautiful, functional fabrics that enliven the spirit and bring joy to the soul."





Ive been in talks with Melissa and hopefully Something Blue Living will soon become one of her stockists for the Balearic Islands,, SO thrilled!

If you want to have a peek at the whole collection (including beautiful ballet pumps, toiletry bags etc) be sure to visit them at



http://www.lulafabrics.co.za/showroom.html#chairs


Enjoy! x

16 comments:

  1. Especially for you Loucee! Enjoyx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello from BYW fellow Eeli! Beautiful patterns :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These fabrics are so lovely! The prints are so fresh and modern, but with a bit of a weathered look. I would never have discovered these without your post! I'm a fellow BYW student by the way, and found your blog there. Loving the class so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kimberley! Thank you, I was just as happy when I found them,, the world is so small, I am one of your fans and followers on fb,, great page and lovely blog,, well done! see u in class!x

      Delete
    2. Kimberly, congratulations on becoming my 8th follower,,, the number 8 is my magical number and brings good luck! x

      Delete
  4. Great to find you through BYW, i really like your Fabric book posts,i love browsing through all the gorgeous fabrics out there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hilary,
      love your blog too,
      will find you in the buddies list to have a chat about
      blogs etc.
      Lyndsayx

      Delete
  5. Thanks for visiting ladies, yes I have a weakness for beautiful textiles! they will be a regular feature as well as beautiful ceramics,,, I just love this range,, when you realise how big it actually is, and also that they are using great materials and have sustainable ethics,, even a better reason to love them!
    Lyndsayx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so happy, i found your blog. The textiles are gorgious, i love the combination of the colors.
    xo,
    Steffi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Steffi
      Everyone seems to be craving beautiful textiles, so will definately be focusing more on that! Are you a blogger to?
      Lyndsayx

      Delete
  7. So thrilled to have found your blog on BYW, too! I am not very crafty, but am attempting to make a slipcover for my ottoman, and I went to my local craft store twice on the same day this week looking for the best fabric. This post is so inspiring and the fabrics are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow, great,, that is how I felt when I found them,, hopefully I will become one of their stockists on the islands as they are perfect for island living,, I am planning on keeping a regular update on fabrics as it seems like their is a huge demand for fresh and beautiful!

      Please add me to your buddies list as I havent figured out how to do that yet!

      cant wait to check out your blog too!
      thanks
      Lyndsayx

      Delete
  8. Oh oh Oh Oh - inspiration overload, especially with the all colorful ikat fabrics!!

    Might need something like this for my next handbags!

    Hello from BYW =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi StarletStarlet!
      what a cool name! would love to hear the story behind that..

      Please add me to your buddy list and I will find you on BYW,, loving the course so far,,,,just a bit of a greeny compared to all you guys!

      lyndsayx

      Delete
  9. Hi Lynsday, just popped over from the BYW class, I love those fabrics!! Your blog is lovely - bright and breezy. Enjoy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love these fabrics! Thanks for showing!

    New follower (from BYW class)

    Linda

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!