Sunday, June 3, 2012

Cool Britannia! - Jan Constantine

Well, with this long weekend's festivities taking place for the Queens Jubilee Celebrations in my old home London town, Ive put together a quick collection of a few things British!



BUSBY the Queens Guard one of my illustrations



If you haven't already come across her range, you soon will. Her unmistakable style is fresh and fun but at the same time comforting and homely. One of these cushions will be a great ice-breaker as they are all hand stitched and made with love!
Exquisite hand embroidered and appliqued goods from Jan Constantine


Love this one!

These also come as a sew-your-own craft option, a perfect gift from England!

Jan Constantine for Harrods

The British flag has recently become very trendy in the world of interiors, from bedding to soft furnishings, cups and aprons, and practically anything else. Her quirky and clever use of all things British has filled a huge gap in the market to replace those unsightly London tourist items, and lets face it,,, the green Harrod's bag has been needing a face lift for years!

Her line is stocked in all the best shops, including the famous Harrods, Harvey Nicol's, Liberty and Selfridges. Her range is extensive and vibrant and is also an official affiliate with the London Olympics!



The lovely British Isles map available in dark navy & duck egg blue

http://www.janconstantine.com/default.asp

I'm planning to do a full feature on her as a crafter/designer/inspirational business woman so keep an eye out for that as it should be really interesting!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

 Using a well known icon such as a flag in your choice of decorating  can be difficult as it has the tendency to easily turn tacky, if not done properly.

 Choosing the correct fabric weights and textures is the key to keep it looking classy and fun.





5 comments:

  1. just checking the comments box!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lyndsay~ Just found you via the BYW2.0 forum and wanted to pop in and say hi. I am mad for the map of the British Isles pillow!! Where did you find that? It's lovely!! Thanks for sharing it!! ~ Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jennifer,, thanks I will get the link for you,, yes I thought it was something a bit different and beautiful..

    sorry I normally compose my posts during the witching hour when I have insomnia (ie work time) and then I link everything the next day but sometimes life just gets in the way (3 kids!!) and things get ,,,,you know!xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh MY!!!!!!!! JENNIFER CARROLL??
    I was just browsing through your totally AWESOME and amazing work a few days ago,, LOVE LOVE LOVE,, so pleased you like my little sprouting seed!
    Lyndsayx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally agree with you about being careful when you use a flag image! I've certainly seen a lot of really painful examples over my lifetime. Thanks for sharing the Jan Constantine pieces! I never would have seen them otherwise. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!