Saturday, June 23, 2012

Saturday Swoon - Formentera

This gorgeous holiday home belongs to the uber interior  stylist Daniela Cavestany who is married to my all time favourite interior photographer Jordi Canosa.

 It is their personal holiday home on the island of Formentera, Balearic Islands. If you fancy a slice of paradise, you'd better start saving up, as this beauty is available for short lets directly from the owners Daniela Cavestany & Jordi Canosa  {Daniela@bydaniela.com}

The neutral palette of white washed walls and ceilings is offset beautifully against the concrete floors to create a calming and relaxing interior.



This home totally sums up her incredible talent of combining rustic elements to create a truly bohemian but modern style. Her tones are muted but items are carefully chosen to enliven and enrich with texture and colour.

Something Old, something New....a little old table has been given a shabby inspired face lift to break and warm the otherwise modern surroundings.

A collection of personal items breaks up the calm and adds a bit of interest and personal sentiment to the room.

A collection of old beach picnic baskets makes for perfect storage in an otherwise simple room.





A subtle hint of colour in the sheer curtains and a collection of sun hats emanates pure holiday living!


Clever storage softened with curtains to add movement.


I love her use of interesting and ethnic textiles and materials to add a special richness. A collection of rustic old crates and baskets are typically Spanish accessories to add a cultural element and grown up shabby style.

 Her mauve and natural palette is original and comforting and a refreshing change from the usual blue and white holiday theme {cant believe I just said that but my home is filled with mauve too, one of my all time favourite colours to live with every day}

The combination of these two talents  weave pure magic!


Photography - Jordi Canosa
Styling - Daniela Cavestany


5 comments:

  1. Jordi Canossa has this thing of always getting to photograph the most beautiful houses... and I always want to own all of them! And thanks for introducing Daniela - I didn't knew at all she existed or even she was his wife! These two are a dream team.

    Xo,
    Ana
    (Your BYW2 colleague)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ana

    I KNOW!!!!!!! talk about a dream team! I didnt know about them before and then suddenly started sourcing all my lovely collection of interiors and there was the pattern! Totally awesome inpiration!

    see u in class
    Lyndsayx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! I love the linen curtains and the baskets and of course the color palette. Teri

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lyndsay! I love this blog of yours...when I visit I feel like I'm on vacation! LOVE it! I really adore those linen curtains above...

    Oh and I also checked out your illustrations...I really like your style and your use of patterns...love the patterns!
    best wishes!
    Fellow BYW classmate, KInga

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful place. I love everything here and will surely start saving up right away!

    xo,
    FrauSchmitt

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!